Famly-Based Green Cards


If you are looking for an experienced immigration attorney to assist you in your family-based green card, please review the appropriate sections  on our website to determine if we may be the right choice for you. At Law Offices of Paul Marinov, P.C., we have helped numerous individuals obtain green cards based on family visas or fiancee visas. 

Family Visa Petitions

Because family reunification is the dominant principle under current USA immigration system, the most common method used to obtain lawful permanent residency is through family – sponsored immigration. The process begins with filing a document with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, a part of the United States Department of Homeland Security, called a Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130), which is also called a visa petition. The family member filing this document is known as the petitioner and the foreign person who wishes to immigrate to the United States is the beneficiary. 

Patriotic man, woman, and child waving American flags in the air.

How to Apply for a Green Card?

There are different steps to be taken in order to obtain your green card. For people, who are already in the United States, the process is called Adjustment of Status, in which form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status is filed with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. Alternatively, for people who are outside of the United States, the process that they need to follow is called consular processing with the United States Department of State.

In addition to having an immigrant visa or petition approved, you also must meet all the requirements to be admitted as a lawful permanent resident. For example, the commission of certain crimes may make you inadmissible to the United States.

It is important to know, that once you have been granted your Green Card, you must maintain your permanent resident status. Leaving the United States for longer than one year may result in losing your green card. Also, commission of certain crimes may make you deportable from the United States.


Let Our Experience Be Your Guide 

Get Your First Consultation Free

Committed To Helping Our Clients Succeed

Family Law Services

Business Visas

Removal and Deportation Defense

Citizenship and Naturalization

Appeals and Federal Courts Litigation