Consular Processing

For individuals who are outside of the United States, who have immigrant visa petitions approved, the next step in the process of obtaining their green card is called consular processing. The approved visa petitions are transferred from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) to the United States Department of State. Where their cases are assigned a case number. When the U.S. Department of State determines that their cases are eligible for further processing, the U.S. Department of State will issue the invoices that need to be paid.